Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

chora reflected in farm door, noon (the light / the shade) (+ August solo show)


chora reflected in farm door, noon (the light / the shade)
Oil on linen on panel, 6x4 inches, 2017
AVAILABLE - Contact me at abbeyryan@gmail.com for purchase information

Chora is the capital of Patmos, a 13-square-mile Greek island off the Aegean coast of Turkey. Last June, while on Patmos for my fellowship painting research, my studio was on a working farm in Kastelli, not far from the port area of Skala.

April 16-June 16, 2018 the light / the shade exhibition at Arcadia
If you enjoy this painting, you may like to read more about abbey ryan: the light / the shade, my exhibition in the Harrison Gallery at Arcadia University that opens this Monday, April 16. You can also see other paintings from my the light / the shade series. I'll share details about abbey ryan: the light / the shade next week.

Upcoming solo exhibition
In August 2018, I'll be mounting a solo exhibition of new larger paintings at Gleason Fine Art in Boothbay Harbor, Maine. If you are nearby, I will be at the artist reception on Friday evening, August 3. A bit about Gleason Fine Art: "Established in 1985, Gleason Fine Art has become a fixture.... In addition to selling 19th through 20th century art, Gleason Fine Art offers collection consulting, art appraisals, and restoration services. From the beginning, their goal has been to offer the finest work by established painters and sculptors..."

If you enjoy this painting, you may also like to see a bunch of my paintings about reflections.

To get my painting in your inbox, sign up here.
To purchase my work, view my Current Auctions and All Available Paintings.

Thanks in advance,